just so we’re all clear, let me break down what exactly is wrong with this tweet.
- first off, her use of the word ‘faggot’ is not the problem here. it’s not ok, but do not think for a fucking SECOND that people are this mad over just that.
- what she is doing here is belittling men who act feminine, enforcing arbitrary roles on people.
- yes, this is a VERY big deal. discrimination against men who act feminine is caused by shit like this, and it pushes teens to suicide and makes some people think it’s ok to beat up people like this.
- these sentiments perpetuate anti-trans* violence as well for the above reasons. enforce gender roles like this, and you’re basically giving a green light for people to oppress transfolk.
- oh yeah and for the women out there, you should probably be upset over this because she’s basically saying that acting feminine is bad if men do it. the funny thing is, people say this all the time but have less issues with women acting masculine. so uh, yep!
thanks for listening, kids.